This privacy statement explains how the National Clinical Trials Office (NCTO) collect, use, and protect your personal information when you provide your details in order that we can supply the MedTech development toolkit. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your personal data and complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other applicable data protection laws.
1. Data Controller
The data controller responsible for the collection and processing of your personal data is the NCTO, located at University College Cork. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the use of your personal data, please contact us at NCTO@UCC.ie
2. Collection of Personal Information
We collect and process the following types of personal data when you first request access the MedTech development toolkit:
· Full Name: We collect your full name to personalize your experience and provide a more customised service.
· Company or Organisation: We collect the name of your company or Organisation to understand our user base and improve our services accordingly.
· Email Address: We collect your personal email address to provide access to the MedTech development toolkit and communicate important updates or information related to our services.
· Your Title or Role in the company/organisation: We collect your role or title within the organisation to better understand the background of those seeking to use and deploy the MedTech development toolkit.
3. Purpose of Data Processing
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
· Providing access to the MedTech development toolkit and ensuring its functionality.
· Communicating with you regarding updates, changes, or improvements to the toolkit or related services.
· Monitoring and analysing website usage to improve our services and enhance user experience.
· To better understand the type of organisations that need a MedTech development toolkit and the background of the people who use or deploy it.
· Complying with legal obligations and resolving any disputes that may arise.
4. Legal Basis for Processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data are: your explicit consent, which you provide by submitting your information through the registration process and legitimate interest, as it is necessary for us to process this information to provide you with access to the MedTech toolkit, ensuring the security and functionality of our services while maintaining a personalized and tailored user experience. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided in this privacy statement.
5. Data Retention
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws and regulations. If you wish to have your personal data deleted, you can request it by contacting us using the contact details provided in this privacy statement.
6. Data Security
We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Your details will be kept secured in a database which is only accessible to the NCTO team members overseeing provision of the MedTech development toolkit. However, please note that no method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee absolute security.
7. Data Sharing and Third Parties
We do not and will not sell, rent, or lease your personal data to third parties. The NCTO website and its database is managed by the NCTO team. However, in the future, if the scale of the project increases to the point of requiring a larger scale of resources, we may share your personal information with a trusted third-party service provider purely to assist us in operating our website and providing our services. If this happens, such a service provider will be bound by confidentiality obligations and expressly prohibited from using your personal data for any other purposes save the administration of the services around the MedTech development toolkit.
8. International Data Transfers
Your personal data may be transferred to and processed in countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) or your country of residence. In such cases, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
9. Your Rights
You have certain rights regarding your personal data under the GDPR, including the right to access, rectify, restrict, or erase your personal information. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and the right to data portability. To exercise these rights or for any privacy-related inquiries, please contact us using the contact details provided in this privacy statement. If we are unable to resolve the issue, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish supervisory authority, the Data Protection Commission.
10. Updates to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to update or modify this privacy statement at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting the updated version on our website. We encourage you to review this privacy statement periodically for any updates.