Our Colleagues at UoG have launched an exciting new MSc in Applied Clinical Data Analytics.
A brief overview of the course from their website:
The taught postgraduate course in Applied Clinical Data Analytics employs a unique and innovative spiral curriculum, designed specifically for training healthcare professionals in analysis of healthcare data. Domain experts in Clinical Data Analytics from the College of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences will deliver the program. Assignments are all real-world examples of clinical research including clinical trials, systematic reviews, observational research, and data from administrative clinical datasets.
- The course is designed to train healthcare workers without a background in data analytics, statistics, or computer programming, to analyse and interpret healthcare data.
- Applies research and data analytics knowledge to clinical and health data to effectively answer research questions.
- We will teach students to understand and learn how to apply traditional statistical techniques and machine learning by completing weekly assignments and an end of year thesis.
- Students will learn data import, cleaning, exploration and analysis using the R programming language and R packages for data analysis, machine learning and source control using GitHub.
- We will teach research methodology and appropriate statistical analysis using R for randomised controlled trials, systematic reviews, case control studies and prospective cohort studies.
For more information and to apply visit their website: