Cancer Trials Ireland, a leading not-for-profit organisation has an opening for Chief Operating Officer.
The Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a new role and presents an exciting opportunity to work with a dedicated team on national and international cancer clinical trials.
The COO will play a critical role in the organisation delivering leadership and strategic goals to ensure we continue to fulfil our mission of being an indispensable all-Ireland hub for cancer trials, globally recognised for excellence in governance, collaboration, and innovation in clinical research.
- Science and/ or medical/ or nursing background.
- Minimum of 10 years in clinical research leadership.
- At least 5 years experience in a Head role in Oncology/Haematology clinical research, including overseeing multiple projects/programs.
- Strong Knowledge of clinical research quality standards and Irish/ European/ International regulatory requirements.
- Extensive leadership experience in the management of teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hospital operations including finance, quality, program development, and internal communications.
- Demonstrated track record with work culture enhancement, physician relations, and quality. Ability to develop and maintain strong and effective medical staff relationships with all hospital physicians, clinical departments, and medical staff committees at Cancer Trials Ireland.
- Ability to communicate Cancer Trials Ireland mission, vision, and values, as well as goals and strategies to staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with employees at all levels of the organisation.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Leadership and managerial capability required to effectively evaluate and select qualified personnel and to develop their capabilities and evaluate their performance.
The Chief Operations Officer (COO) will report directly to the CEO and will serve as principal advisor to the CEO on all issues associated with operational strategies by providing overall direction, leadership, and expertise in the management of the operations of CTI ensuring CTI’s strategy is achieved.
- Ensure execution of operational strategies of the functions of Clinical, Biometrics, and Pharmacovigilance and align with Cancer Trials Ireland’s strategy.
- To support the ongoing development of an organisational culture that effectively engages with colleagues with the patient in mind.
- Work alongside CEO and Leadership Team, to align the resources of the organisation to develop and execute the strategic and operational plans of CTI.
- Support the CEO and Leadership Team, contributing to policy development, and business development of Cancer Trials Ireland.
- Line manage Heads of Operational and Quality Departments.
- Provide and present ongoing operational plans and status reports to the CEO, Clinical Executive and Board as required.
- Ensure Cancer Trials Ireland quality systems and controls are in line with regulatory standards.
- Ensure effective development, implementation, and execution of clinical programs within agreed timelines, resources, and budget.
- Work closely with the Financial Controller to oversee operational budgets and the management of variance, as applicable.
- Identify program risks and develop and implement mitigation strategies.
- Ensure employees are appropriately trained and comply with Cancer Trials Ireland policies, SOPs and applicable regulatory requirements and quality standards.
- Lead all personnel to deliver excellent service while creating an environment which develops them in line with their career aspirations.
- Maintain a clear focus on Business Development
- Create a positive work environment by encouraging mutual respect and accountability.
- Attend training programs and conferences, as required.
- Perform any other tasks as specified by the CEO.
Cancer Trials Ireland operates a hybrid working model. The office is based in RCSI, St Stephen’s Green, D2.