Public & Patient Involvement (PPI) Manager, Office of Research and Innovation, RCSI
RCSI is one of the lead sites in the National PPI Ignite Network that comprises seven academic institutes and associated local and national partner organisations. In this context, RCSI wishes to recruit an enthusiastic and innovative individual to the role of Public and Patient Involvement (PPI) in Research Manager. The position offers an exciting opportunity to work on a major national project – The National PPI Ignite Network, funded by the Health Research Board (HRB) and develop and promote PPI-related activities across RCSI, coordinating closely with the Office of Research and Innovation and our partners in the Network. The Public and Patient Involvement (PPI) Manager will work closely with the RCSI PPI Ignite Site Lead to ensure the success of the PPI programme at RCSI.
Specific duties include:
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of the RCSI programme of PPI activities within the HRB National PPI Network.
- Convene the RCSI PPI in Research Committee and support them to develop and maintain a PPI strategy and associated KPIs linked.
- Manage the planning, co-ordination, and implementation of PPI in research activities at RCSI.
- Coordinate, design, deliver, and evaluate PPI training for researchers, students, and the public
- Liaise closely with PPI Network Programme Managers at other academic institutions in the National PPI Network and complete activities as required by the National Office
- Coordinate with the Pre-Award team in the RCSI Office for Research and Innovation, to advise and support to researchers about PPI activities in grant applications as well as post award, once research projects are active.
- Track progress on PPI-related KPIs including PPI Ignite Network and RCSI programme deliverables, budget, and milestones – identifying and addressing non-performance issues at an early stage.
- Prepare reports, including progress reports, annual reports, and others as required by RCSI or the National PPI Ignite Office.
- Develop and manage relationships and communications between internal and external stakeholders including partner organisations, network members, PPI contributors, researchers, RCSI staff and others as appropriate
- Contribute to the development of a PPI research programme including contributing to/leading conference presentations, publications, funding applications, and social media activities.
- An undergraduate degree in a related area
- A postgraduate degree (Master’s and/or PhD) in a related area would be desirable
Complete the online application HERE attaching a copy of you CV and cover letter by 5pm of the closing date. Informal queries can be directed to email@example.com
123 St Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2